“If you have access to these features, a black rectangle with white letters ALT, spelled ALT, an image description will appear in the images. It is also called alternative or alternative text. “Read more on the Twitter thread. The new feature will allow users to see an option at the bottom right of the screen. By tapping on it, users will be able to see image descriptions. Adding image descriptions Using, living in low bandwidth areas, or having cognitive disabilities, allows them to contribute to Twitter.
How to add alt text or photo description to Twitter
- In the Twitter app, select the image you want to share.
- After selecting the image, tap the + ALT icon in the bottom right corner of the image.
- Type your photo description. It is worth noting that the description of the image can be up to 1000 characters long.
- Tap Done in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Share tweets whenever you’re ready.
Twitter is also reportedly working on a ‘leave this conversation’ button. As the name suggests, the button will allow you to leave a Twitter thread. For those who don’t know, a Twitter thread is a chain of conversations that begins when someone replies to a tweet.