Calories- 105 calories (1 cup)
Materials required- 1 cup turmeric mug dal, 1 onion, 1 capsicum, 1 tomato, 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, 8 teaspoons asafoetida, 6 teaspoons ino, 8 teaspoons turmeric, 2 garlic cloves, 1 green chilli, 2 teaspoons rice powder, Teaspoon, half a teaspoon of coriander leaves, hot spices and salt to taste.
- Wash the mug dal well and soak for about 30 minutes.
- Drain the water and put the pulses in a blender.
- Add the garlic cloves and green chillies to the blender and blend well until a smooth paste is formed.
- Take out the mug dal paste in a bowl. Add salt to taste along with finely chopped onion, capsicum, tomato and coriander leaves.
- Add all the other ingredients like hing, turmeric, coriander powder, hot spices, ino and rice powder.
- If the paste feels too thick, add 8 cups of water. Mix well and rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Now just heat a non-stick pan, put some oil in it and pour 1-2 ladle paste in it.
- Spread to make an attic and cook until golden brown on both sides.
Also read:Give your stale bread and rice a restaurant style twist